2009-01-07

Another Year, Another Blog

I suppose it was inevitable. I'm just a sucker for categorising.

I had one blog, and that went rather well actually, above average readership at points, and oft updated, without any feelings of obligation. 

Then, I thought, how about I show and tell all my photos on another blog, so that the pictures could all be kept together for neatness' sake. This was a largely laborious addition to my blogging routine, and all aspirations and intentions were defeated by blogger's terrible uploading system. 

Despite all this, one day I decided that to get me back into the spirit of blogging, and updating what blogs I had already, I should really start yet another new blog, this time to keep all my videos in a neat pile. That didn't last long. Making a video each week is tough enough, but if no one's looking, what's the point? 

Eventually, I did get into the idea of making an effort at blogging again, but at the same time, I was doing an Online Journalism course, which sapped all my energy for net publishing, and while the blog connected to my website might actually have been good if I stuck at it, I, well, didn't stick at it.

And now, as a new year begins, I am consolidating and starting anew.  As long as I do one thing I'm half proud of each month, I'll be happy.  There we are, a new year's resolution just like that. 

You wanna see what we did for New Year?
Well, we stacked Macbook Pros.  'Cos we could. 
We accepted no half measures.
Handsome devils. 
Uh, well...  And a sunset on a New Year's Day.

I can only hope 2009 makes as much sense as this video.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey... nice new place. How ya been?

Gordon Strachan said...

Hello there, I'm not bad at all, and yeah, I'm liking the idea of only having one blog; its nice to want to do something with blogging again, because for a while, I was really starting to fear that it was just a fad that had finally run its course. 'Another Innocent Breath' was supposed to be the fresh start, but I destroyed that with imposing deadlines. So hear I am.

Any thoughts on starting blogging again? I can't say I know very much about how your life has been recently, and I avoid facebook as much as I possibly can, so I'm afraid I've not been checking in with you there.

Anyway, I hope you keep reading and commenting, it's always good to hear from you!

Post a Comment