2009-01-14

Question Time

This is a very interesting idea; Nikita sent me five personalised questions to answer here, the answers of which I'm pretty proud of - excellent questions by the way, so thank you. However, as my answer to question five is as long as the first four combined, I'm going to keep it for the following post, thus sparing you such fatigue.

First, the rules:
•Leave me a comment requesting an interview.
•I will e-mail you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
•You then answer the questions on your blog.
•You should also post these rules along with an offer to interview anyone else who e-mails you wanting to be interviewed.
•Anyone who asks to be interviewed should be sent 5 questions to answer on their blog.
•It would be nice if the questions were individualized for each blogger.

1. Have you ever written anything which has made you feel happy right down to your core? If yes, what was it about?

Not right down to the core; I'm always either far too critical of anything I've done, or too apathetic to improve on anything I'm kinda chuffed with. However (in no apparent order):
1) An essay on eroticism in Citizen Kane. I was looking to do something actually worthwhile with the essay, so I thought fuck it, and ended up getting a 1C and an underlined 'really liked this'. Yeah.
2) Perhaps because of the circumstances in which it was conceived, a short story about the end of the world, written for a summer project with Davus as a gift for Conor (just cos), is something that actually, I'm pretty bloody chuffed with. Especially so when I turned it into a properly edited radio drama - probably my favourite thing to come out of coursework so far.
3) That time I wrote an essay about Tess of The D'Urbevilles without ever actually reading it, just using notes from class time, and how it still got a B.
4) I remember thinking fuck yeah after a creative writing piece for Standard Grade - it was all about a terrorist strike (or something) where lots of people died of too much laughing gas. Uh, yeah...


2. What one of the characteristics you see in yourself do you think could be used to define you?

I have to admit, I am kinda proud (and certainly relieved) that people seem taken by my laugh, and how much I seem to use it. Is a laugh a characteristic? Well, not necessarily of my personality as such, but it's a good indication that I'm a happy and friendly guy. Or disturbed and nervous.

3. Would you sleep with your best-friend's partner if you truly felt that you loved them?

Does the best friend have to know about it?

Heh, ok, no. What would be the point? I couldn't possibly believe that anyone is so important that I'd risk ruining any of my friend's happiness for. I mean come on, suck it up. Honestly (and this probably isn't always a good thing), it's probably in my nature to just say 'ah well'. Even still, I know better than to believe in a 'one true love'; there's always someone else. There's just far too much risk of heartache for other parties, of which I'm not at all prepared to gamble on.

4. Have you ever stayed up all night?

Hahahahahahahahahahaha - far too often probably, but why not? I'll sleep when I'm dead, as Bon Jovi once said. Most nights, whether I have work at 9 the next day, I'll be going to bed at 3 or 4 (right now, it is 3.54am), so staying up all night has never been much of a stretch. Though I do always promise myself that I'll make a raised effort to chill out and indulge the next day. It's only fair.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love them darl'

(Word Verification... iptyshat!)

suz said...

interesting questions... good answers.
i remember that tess essay and the creative writing.. that was a good class, mostly.

i like the new blog.. and i admire your loyalty to blogger... i'm clearly a dirty unloyal type person (brain freeze means i'm entirely un-succinct today)

i'm curious as to what questions you would ask me, so: i'd like an interview... :)

good to see you back in the blogging world nodrog.. :)

Davus said...

Kudos on the new blog, I like the theme.

Interesting answers you give - internet high five for getting away with those essays in English.

I'll request an interview too, so you better make the questions good!

Post a Comment